expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Pages

Friday, June 20, 2014

What 'Realistically' Makes a Successful Writer?

What makes a successful
Writer? I'll tell you.
An interesting question. One thing for sure is that you first must be alive in order to enjoy new experiences to interpret and write about.

And this leads me into a short explanation of my longer than usual absence. I wrote about my latest experience very briefly on Facebook a few days ago only as a means to notify my family and others of my impromptu hospital adventure --- after the fact.

My 6/12/14 Facebook entry:

"Got proactive about my health; suspected something was not quite right from my interest and research of related things on the Net and insisted on getting a stress test. Test showed a little irregularity on left side so Doc set up an Angiogram on 5/29/14. He went in with camera, saw, withdrew, piled me in ambulance and transported me to Colorado Springs for double bypass heart surgery 


All went well :)) 

AND, because I was proactive I had no heart attack or stroke. I was in and out in a few days.

The Doc had found I had a 92% blockage at a crucial point (called a widow-maker) and a couple other lesser blockages!!

Somebody up there loves me :))))"

I have been navigating some rather thick forestry of late!

My first major surgery of ANY kind; and after the surgery, I felt like I had been run over by a Mack truck  :(

So, I haven't felt like writing, but, I feel much better now with a lot more energy pouring into my body (new oxygenated blood, I guess). 

Perhaps this is the next step in my personal journey to being a successful writer --- By the way, the journey never ends.

Pertinent excerpt from tonights research source: "You have to learn to understand before ever attempting to cause others to understand. When do you reach your goals? It isn't over until it’s over. Never stop reaching for higher goals."

Now for more unique insights into what makes a successful writer:

Jerry Slauter writes this for Wordpreneur - A different angular insight:


"What Makes a Successful Writer"



Writing, like life, is a self-determining status. You are successful when you reach your goals.
I have known many people in various professions who have dreamed about writing their personal memoirs, professional insights, a self-help book, an adventure novel or a love story. I have not known of any writers who have dreamed of being anything other than a better writer.
What are your goals? Do you want to entertain others through your writing? In this age of Internet marketing for fun and profit, do you want to sell products or optimize search engines? Do you want to convey news, challenge perspectives, write the American novel, or win the Pulitzer Prize for literature?
These goals might or might not be realistic, but you will never know until you put the pen to paper and perfect your abilities to observe, feel, imagine and communicate. You have to learn to understand before ever attempting to cause others to understand. When do you reach your goals? It isn’t over until it’s over. Never stop reaching for higher goals.
Although not exhaustive or all-inclusive, some writing goals to consider are: Finding your voice; Establishing your genre; Publishing your work; Reaching your audience; and, Considering the type of life style you hope to achieve.
Finding your voice. What interests you? What do you spend your spare time reading, observing or following? Although writers, in the short term, must often write about topics that are of little to no interest to them personally, they find ways to make the topic interesting to the reader. For the long term, begin keeping files of your interests. Take an inventory of the books you read. What is your passion?
Establishing your genre. Ideally, you will begin to find the topics that are interesting to you. You will have already been collecting research notes, articles, books and other information about these topics. Write articles, papers, essays or books about these topics.
Publishing your work. The pessimists would say, “There is already a flood of information out there. There is no way to have your voice heard.”
Realistically, there are more opportunities to publish your work than there ever has been. On the Internet, you can write an article this morning and see it in print this afternoon. It is easy to find a plethora of article submission directories in every genre and interest. There are still trade journals, newspapers, letters to the editor, publications for local, state, national and international organizations. If people were not reading this information, there would not be so much effort for the publishers to get it out there.
Get The Writers Welcome Blog on your Kindle :)





     
          

Resource article: http://wordpreneur.com/16425/what-is-a-successful-writer/

No comments: